From The Denver Post: A judge ruled Wednesday that arrest documents will remain sealed in the case of one of two 16-year-olds accused in a Douglas County high school murder plot.
The records could have provided the first real glimpse at what authorities say were plans to inflict mass casualties at Mountain Vista High School in the days before Christmas break. Authorities have said the duo took substantial steps in their plans but have not elaborated.
District Judge Paul King heard arguments over the documents for roughly an hour before ruling their release could infringe the rights of Sienna Johnson, who was charged in the case last week as an adult.
She faces two felony counts of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder.
King said the status of Johnson’s case could change after a March hearing on whether it should remain in adult court. He said since juvenile court records must be sealed, it would be “premature” to let the public see arrest documents in the case before the hearing.
“This is a difficult issue the court has to resolve,” King said, likening a records release to a bell that cannot be unrung.
Visit The Denver Post for more.