The Colorado Freedom of Information Coalition is a non-partisan alliance of groups and individuals dedicated to ensuring the transparency of state and local governments in Colorado by promoting freedom of the press, open courts and open access to government records and meetings.
Subscribe to our newsletter. Follow us on social media:
Visit our Resources page for a Colorado Open Records Act template and other information on navigating open-records and open-meetings laws. Download our latest guide to Colorado’s open-meetings and open-records laws. Find Public Data Online.
What We Do
- Promote freedom of the press, open government records and open courts
- Educate the public and targeted audiences about FOI issues and rights
- Provide news and perspectives on open-government issues
- Monitor open meetings/open records violations
- Track Colorado legislation affecting the flow of information and government transparency
- Help journalists and the general public with access problems
A majority of those surveyed recently support Proposition 104, the…
The conservative organization credited – or blamed — for bringing…
Today the group "Progress Michigan" plans to release documents they…
Our View: Public officials need to respect the freedom of access…